The importance of e-commerce or eCommerce is indisputable, both new and already established businesses see the Internet as a great opportunity. It is expected that in 2016 e-commerce suppose more than 9% of the global sales volume. One of the main tools to implement eCommerce is using online trading platforms, and Magento has the most widespread eCommerce today. Magento has become a leader in this sector and one of the main options to consider when a virtual store is needed.
For these reasons INCIBE has developed the Basic Security Magento Guide, for the purpose of describe in a clear and simple way the main aspects have to been considered for secure a Magento eCommerce platform.
The main sections of the guide are:
- Hosting Services:This section will describe important aspects to consider when choosing between the different options existent on the market.
- Installation: The main steps in the Magento installation process focus in security aspects.
- Web Server Security: A brief description of specific aspects to improve the security of Apache web server.
- Backup: Features to consider for suitable security policy setting.
- Security Extensions Magento: List of Magento extensions on improve its security.