Tech provider, Tyler Technologies, ransomware victim
Tyler Technologies, the largest provider of software and technology services for the public sector in the United States, has confirmed, in an official statement, that it has suffered a ransomware-type cybersecurity incident.
The company is managing the incident, which involves unauthorized access to its internal phone and IT systems by an unknown agent, and has hired outside experts to conduct a detailed review and safely restore the affected computers. Additionally, Tyler Technologies has reported the event to law enforcement authorities.
Likewise, it recommends that its workers reset the passwords for accessing the remote network and the credentials that clients use to access their applications.
- 23/09/2020 twitter.com Tyler Technologies Twitter
- 23/09/2020 krebsonsecurity.com Govt. Services Firm Tyler Technologies Hit in Apparent Ransomware Attack
- 24/09/2020 hotforsecurity.bitdefender.com Government Services Firm Tyler Technologies Hit by Ransomware
- 26/09/2020 tylertech.com Information on Tyler's Security Incident Response
- 26/09/2020 bleepingcomputer.com Tyler Technologies warns clients to change remote support passwords
- 28/09/2020 hotforsecurity.bitdefender.com Tyler Technologies’ Clients Urged to Reset Remote Network Passwords after Ransomware Attack