Red Cross cyberattack causes data leakage
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was the victim of a cyberattack targeting its computer servers. As a result, the personal and confidential data of more than 515,000 highly vulnerable and affected individuals was compromised.
The leaked information comes from at least 60 international Red Cross societies. Robert Mardini, its director general, has said that it is not yet known who or what group might be behind the attack or the intentions behind it.
- 19/01/2022 icrc.org Sophisticated cyber-attack targets Red Cross Red Crescent data on 500,000 people
- 19/01/2022 bleepingcomputer.com Red Cross cyberattack exposes data of 515,000 people seeking missing family
- 19/01/2022 edition.cnn.com Cyberattack on Red Cross compromised data of over 515,000 'highly vulnerable people'
- 19/01/2022 theguardian.com Hacking attack on Red Cross exposes data of 515,000 vulnerable people
- 20/01/2022 bloomberg.com Red Cross Warns Data of 515,000 People at Risk After Hack
- 21/01/2022 unaaldia.hispasec.com 500.00 datos personales comprometidos en un ataque a Cruz Roja