ION Group suffers LockBit ransomware attack
Financial software developer ION Group has been the victim of a ransomware-type cyberattack allegedly perpetrated by the LockBit Group. Specifically, it was its ION Cleared Derivatives division (a subsidiary of ION Markets), a third-party provider for automating the derivatives trading cycle and clearing process.
According to the company's official statement, the incident is contained within a specific environment. All affected servers are offline and repair of services is ongoing. ION Group is also working with affected members, including clearing firms and exchanges, as well as market regulators and others, to assess the extent of the impact on trading, processing and clearing.
- 31/01/2023 iongroup.com Cleared Derivatives Cyber Event
- 02/02/2023 bleepingcomputer.com Ransomware attack on ION Group impacts derivatives trading market
- 02/02/2023 techcrunch.com Financial software firm Ion Group battles LockBit ransomware attack
- 03/02/2023 reuters.com Ransomware attack on data firm ION could take days to fix -sources
- 03/02/2023 theregister.com LockBit brags it pumped ION full of ransomware