International operation coordinated by Europol dismantles FluBot
FluBot, a Trojan designed for Android devices and which has been present in multiple fraudulent SMS campaigns since 2020, has been deactivated in a joint operation involving the police forces of 11 countries, including the Spanish National Police.
According to Europol, which has played a coordinating role through its European Cybercrime Centre (EC3), the investigation is still ongoing to identify the individuals responsible for this global malware campaign and possible beneficiaries.
- 01/06/2022 europol.europa.eu Takedown of SMS-based FluBot spyware infecting Android phones
- 01/06/2022 bleepingcomputer.com FluBot Android malware operation shutdown by law enforcement
- 01/06/2022 thehackernews.com FluBot Android Spyware Taken Down in Global Law Enforcement Operation
- 01/06/2022 xataka.com La Policía europea desactiva uno de los malware más peligrosos de los últimos años. El del falso SMS de FedEx
- 04/06/2022 abc.es Desmantelan FluBot, el troyano bancario que se hacía pasar por empresas de reparto vía SMS