InfinityBlack group dismantled in Poland and Switzerland
Polish and Swiss law enforcement authorities, supported by Europol and Eurojust, have dismantled InfinityBlack, a group of cybercriminals dedicated to distributing stolen user credentials, creating and distributing malware and hacking tools, as well as committing fraud.
On April 29, 2020, the Polish National Police searched six locations in five regions of Poland, arresting five people suspected of belonging to InfinityBlack. The police confiscated electronic equipment, external hard drives and physical cryptocurrency wallets, all worth around €100,000. In addition, the police closed two platforms with databases containing more than 170 million records..
- 05/05/2020 europol.europa.eu HACKER GROUP SELLING DATABASES WITH MILLIONS OF USER CREDENTIALS BUSTED IN POLAND AND SWITZERLAND
- 05/05/2020 zdnet.com Europol arrests hackers behind Infinity Black hacker group
- 05/05/2020 ccn-cert.cni.es Arrestados en Suiza y Polonia ciberdelincuentes que vendían credenciales de usuario
- 06/05/2020 threatpost.com InfinityBlack Dismantled After Selling Millions of Credentials
- 06/05/2020 adslzone.net Detienen un grupo hacker que vendía datos robados