Garmin is a victim of the WastedLocker ransomware
The American company, Garmin, specialized in GPS technology for automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and sports activities, has suffered a ransomware-like incident called WastedLocker.
According to the official statement from the company, this incident means that the functions and services of its platforms are not available. Likewise, their telephone hotlines have also been affected and, consequently, they cannot answer calls, emails or customer service chats.
The Russian cybercriminal group Evil Corp (also known as Dridex) is allegedly responsible for the WastedLocker ransomware, and they have requested a ransom of $10 million to decrypt Garmin files.
- 24/07/2020 garmin.com INCIDENCIA GARMIN
- 24/07/2020 bleepingcomputer.com Garmin outage caused by confirmed WastedLocker ransomware attack
- 24/07/2020 elmundo.es Garmin: un hackeo a gran escala inutiliza sus dispositivos inteligentes y su servicio técnico
- 26/07/2020 elpais.com Así es el ciberataque que mantiene totalmente paralizada a Garmin
- 26/07/2020 unaaldia.hispasec.com Garmin infectado por WastedLocker
- 27/07/2020 elespanol.com Garmin sigue caído: no sólo afecta a deportistas, también impide volar a los pilotos