Europol operation dismantles Hive group
The Hive cybercriminal group, which offered ransomware-as-a-service (RaaS) services, affecting more than 1,500 victims in more than 80 countries around the world, including hospitals, school districts, financial firms and critical infrastructure, has been dismantled as a result of a joint operation by law enforcement authorities from 13 countries. The operation was led by Europol after the FBI infiltrated the gang's infrastructure.
The operation took control of several servers and the website used by Hive to communicate between its members and to publish the name and stolen data of the victims.
- 26/01/2023 justice.gov U.S. Department of Justice Disrupts Hive Ransomware Variant
- 26/01/2023 europol.europa.eu Cybercriminals stung as HIVE infrastructure shut down
- 26/01/2023 bleepingcomputer.com Hive ransomware disrupted after FBI hacks gang's systems
- 26/01/2023 scmagazine.com US, Europol seize Hive ransomware servers and leak sites: ‘We hacked the hackers’
- 26/01/2023 elmundo.es El FBI y Europol incautan los servidores de Hive, uno de los mayores grupos de ransomware
- 27/01/2023 elespanol.com Hive, hackers acusados de robar más de 90 millones de euros en rescates, hackeados por el FBI
- 27/01/2023 welivesecurity.com Secuestran la infraestructura del ransomware Hive en operación internacional