European supercomputers, victims of cryptojacking
Nearly a dozen supercomputers and data centers from different European research institutions have suffered cyberattacks. Specifically, cases have been detected in Switzerland, Germany and the United Kingdom.
The attackers took control of the affected computers using SSH credentials that had been stolen from members of various academic entities in which these supercomputers were installed, to later use them to mine the Monero cryptocurrency, taking advantage of its enormous computing power.
- 16/05/2020 cadosecurity.com RECENT ATTACKS AGAINST SUPERCOMPUTERS
- 16/05/2020 zdnet.com Supercomputers hacked across Europe to mine cryptocurrency
- 17/05/2020 bleepingcomputer.com European supercomputers hacked in mysterious cyberattacks
- 18/05/2020 xataka.com Varias supercomputadoras europeas han sido hackeadas con un objetivo singular: minar criptodivisas
- 18/05/2020 unaaldia.hispasec.com Comprometidos varios supercomputadores europeos para el minado de criptomonedas