Cyberattack on the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
In an official communiqué, published on the website of the Ministry of Science and Innovation, the cyberattack suffered by the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), a body dependent on the Ministry, on 16 and 17 July has been reported.
The cyberattack, categorised as ransomware, was detected on 18 July and experts say preliminarily that it originated from Russia and indicate that, to date, no loss or hijacking of confidential or sensitive information has been detected.
In order to monitor and resolve the incident, network access has been cut off in several centres.
- 02/08/2022 ciencia.gob.es El Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC) recibe un ciberataque
- 02/08/2022 abc.es Un ciberataque ruso deja al CSIC sin conexión a internet durante dos semanas
- 02/08/2022 elmundo.es Un ciberataque ruso deja al CSIC sin conexión a Internet durante días
- 02/08/2022 elpais.com Un ciberataque de origen ruso deja al CSIC sin conexión a internet durante dos semanas
- 03/08/2022 bleepingcomputer.com Spanish research agency still recovering after ransomware attack