Cyberattack paralyzes one of the largest companies in the meat industry
The Brazilian company JBS informed the United States government that it was the victim of a ransomware attack that interrupted the production and supply chain of meat products at its plants in North America and Australia. The attack affected the servers that support its computer systems in both locations..
At this time there is no evidence that customer, supplier or employee data has been compromised. The cyber-attack has been resolved after 5 days of disruption, thanks to a rapid response and having uninfected encrypted backup servers. The FBI attributed authorship to the cybercriminal group REvil..
- 31/05/2021 jbsfoodsgroup.com BS USA Cyberattack Media Statement - May 31
- 01/06/2021 jbsfoodsgroup.com JBS USA and Pilgrim’s Announce Progress in Resolving Cyberattack
- 03/06/2021 jbsfoodsgroup.com JBS USA and Pilgrim’s Announce Resolution of Cyberattack
- 01/06/2021 elespanol.com Un ciberataque paraliza una de las mayores cárnicas y puede hacer que suban los precios
- 02/06/2021 reuters.com U.S. says ransomware attack on meatpacker JBS likely from Russia
- 03/06/2021 theverge.com FBI names REvil as the group behind meat supplier cyberattack