Crypto.com suffers millions in losses due to cyberattack
Crypto.com, a cryptocurrency exchange platform, has reported on its website that 483 users were victims of a cyberattack, resulting in the unauthorised withdrawal of 4,836.26 ETH, 443.93 BTC and approximately $66,200 in other cryptocurrencies. In total, about $34 million.
The company has said that, in addition to refunding money to those affected, it has migrated its two-factor authentication (2FA) system to a new architecture, and revoked all existing 2FA tokens. It has also hired external firms to audit the level of security.
- 20/01/2022 blog.crypto.com Crypto.com Security Report & Next Steps
- 20/01/2022 bleepingcomputer.com Crypto.com confirms 483 accounts hacked, $34 million withdrawn
- 20/01/2022 theverge.com Crypto.com admits over $30 million stolen by hackers
- 20/01/2022 genbeta.com Crypto.com confirma lo que se creía: un ataque ha robado más de 30 millones de dólares de sus usuarios en Bitcoin y Ethereum
- 21/01/2022 zdnet.com Crypto.com confirms 483 users hit in attack that saw over $31m in coins withdrawn